- Regular part‐time (16‐24 hours per week), hourly (non‐exempt)
- $15-$17 per hour
- Office located in downtown Portland
- Applications accepted immediately, position open until filled
EarthShare Oregon’s Donations and Communications Administrator will provide database management and other support for our program, development, communications, and outreach activities.
This position reports to the Executive Director and requires professional interaction with a wide variety of people. Qualified applicants will possess excellent data entry skills and experience and comfort with software tools required to organize, track, and maintain regular communications with the organization’s priority audiences through various channels. Successful applicants will also be self‐motivated learners, able to work effectively and productively in both team and solo situations. In addition, a demonstrated commitment to and appreciation for the natural environment is essential, and Spanish fluency is an asset.
- Processing donor communications (appeal and gift acknowledgement letters), both written and electronic (including using mail merge functions of MS Word / Excel)
- Updating donor and donation information in EarthShare Oregon’s database (mostly Salesforce); generating (MS Excel) reports for internal fundraising and analysis activities
- Processing and tracking workplace pledges and donations; generating reports for donation recipients and financial service providers
- Maintaining fresh content on EarthShare Oregon’s website with regular updates
- Implementing EarthShare Oregon’s social media strategy with daily postings, using queuing software and tracking metrics to assess effectiveness
- Developing and distributing monthly and seasonal e‐newsletters (currently using Vertical Response) for various target audiences
- Designing and producing print communications for fundraising and outreach activities
- Administering and tracking the member groups’ annual re‐affiliation application process; updating EarthShare Oregon’s CRM database (Salesforce) with member group contact information
- Tracking and maintaining a calendar of member group activities
- Monitoring the general email inbox, with prompt and professional responses
The successful candidate will possess and demonstrate:
- Exemplary data entry, editing, and manipulation skills
- Knowledge of a wide variety of software tools, as well as eagerness and ability to learn new ones quickly
- Excellent communications skills, with a strong ability to work collaboratively in groups
- Effective time‐management skills, with a strong ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for the natural environment and the role of non‐profit organizations in society
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, preferably in business, data management, communications, or related field
- Or comparable skills and experience
- At least one year in a data management role
Compensation and benefits:
- This position is a regular part time hourly (non‐exempt) position. Actual hours scheduled are subject to negotiation but expected to be in the 16 to 24 hours per week range. Hourly compensation rate is dependent on experience and qualifications, in the range of $15 to $17 per hour.
- Paid holidays, medical leave, and vacation time are provided, but because this is a part‐time position, health insurance and similar benefits are not included.
To apply, please email the following items, in a single PDF file, to info@earthshare‐oregon.org, with the position title in the subject line:
- A cover letter, addressed to the Executive Director, summarizing your interest and qualifications, and specifically detailing your level of proficiency or expertise with relevant software tools
- A résumé summarizing your educational and work experiences
- A list of between three and five professional references
Applicants invited to interview are welcome to bring additional items with them to the interview.