Phone: (503) 223-6418 | Fax: (503) 228-1960
http://www.willamette-riverkeeper.org | email@example.com
Willamette Riverkeeper’s sole mission is to protect and restore the Willamette River. We believe that a river with good water quality and abundant natural habitat, safe for fishing and swimming is a basic public right. The Willamette River belongs to all of us, and should be protected as such.
We work to enable the Willamette River Watershed to function more naturally with cold, pure water, meandering backchannels, and dynamic habitat for fish and wildlife. The health of this natural ecosystem is inseparable from the quality of life of our communities who live and work in its surrounding watershed; each is dependent on the other.
We're making a difference by:
- Monitoring permits related to water quality
- Advocating for strong policies that promote a healthy river and Clean Water Act compliance
- Engaging volunteers in visual monitoring and water quality testing
- Educating the public about river issues and recreation opportunities
We are also:
- Promoting and performing habitat restoration
- Working for a comprehensive cleanup of the Portland Harbor Superfund Site
- Monitoring for accumulation of trash and debris along the river and organizing cleanup efforts as needed
Please join us in keeping the Willamette River a healthy place for all of us!