Phone: (800) 743-SURF
The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world's oceans, waves and beaches for all people, through conservation, activism, research and education.
Represented by over 50,000 members and 60 local chapters in the U.S., the Surfrider Foundation also has affiliations in Australia, Japan, France, and Brazil. The Surfrider Foundation has adopted the following principles to guide and govern the activities of the organization.
- recognizes the biodiversity and ecological integrity of the planet's coasts are necessary and irreplaceable. SURFRIDER is committed to preserving natural living and non-living diversity and ecological integrity of the coastal environment.
- promotes the right of low-impact, free and open access to the world's waves and beaches for all people.
- is dedicated to enhancing wave-riding opportunities in ways which will not adversely impact nearshore ecosystems.
- believes environmental education is essential to the future health and well- being of the planet.
- strives to be accurate and nonpartisan in its communications with its members and the general public.
- is a grassroots organization, effective through the participation of its members.
- encourages all commercial enterprises to adopt the Ceres Principles.
- does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, or national origin for any reason. SURFRIDER promotes the healthy enjoyment of the coastal environment for all people.
- and its representatives, affiliations and chapters agree to abide by these principles and all rules and regulations governing non-profit organizations.