Phone: (503) 777-0909
http://www.recyclingadvocates.org | email@example.com
Who We Are
Recycling Advocates is Oregon's oldest grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a sustainable future through local efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle. The organization is run by an elected Board of Directors comprised of solid waste professionals, policy activists, local business people and dedicated volunteers who have an interest in promoting recycling and waste reduction.
To maintain Oregon’s natural beauty and the human health of its residents, we must conserve our natural resources and minimize extraction of raw materials through resource conservation. Recycling Advocates focuses on the 3 R’s of waste prevention (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle). We encourage greater product stewardship, educate citizens and professionals about waste prevention, and inform members and the public about legislation and policies that affect waste prevention in Oregon.
What We Do
- Advocate for environmentally sound policies by providing input to city, county, region and state advisory committees, elected officials and staff.
- Create a monthly newsletter with original articles on current recycling and sustainability issues; legislative reports; and reduce, reuse and recycle tips.
- Serve as a community resource for recycling and waste prevention issues.
- Launch campaigns and engage volunteers in grass-roots efforts to prevent waste.
- Speak at community events, schools and businesses about recycling issues.
- Teach Master Recycler classes and train volunteers for education and outreach in the community.
- Sponsor speakers at local and regional educational conferences.
- Provide forums to discuss current environmental issues and opportunities to influence policy on these issues.
- Partner with other non-profits with similar missions on projects and events focused on waste reduction and recycling.
- Email action alerts during the Oregon legislative session.