National Parks Conservation Association
Phone: (800) NAT-PARK
We believe that America's national parks and historical sites embody the American spirit. They are windows to our past, homes to some of our rarest plants and animal species, and places where every American can go to find inspiration, peace, and open space.
But these living, breathing monuments to our nation's history, culture, and landscape need care and support to overcome the many dangers that threaten to destroy them forever. At the National Parks Conservation Association, we work every day to ensure our national parks get that vital care and support.
NPCA plays a crucial role in ensuring that these magnificent lands and landmarks are protected in perpetuity:
- we advocate for the national parks and the National Park Service;
- we educate decision makers and the public about the importance of preserving the parks;
- we help to convince members of Congress to uphold the laws that protect the parks and to support new legislation to address threats to the parks;
- we fight attempts to weaken these laws in the courts;
- and we assess the health of the parks and park management to better inform our advocacy work.