The Environmental Center
Phone: (541) 385-6908
http://www.envirocenter.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Center educates and advocates for a sustainable future in Central Oregon.
We believe that sustainability hinges on how we live our daily lives. It's at home, at school and at work where we make most of the choices that matter.
At The Environmental Center, we use education and advocacy to embed sustainable thinking and behavior into daily life in our community.
- Sustainable Kids & Schools: We design and deliver a variety of youth education programs to the future generation of thinkers, teachers and leaders, including classroom presentations, outdoor school days and learning gardens. We also help local schools put sustainability into practice.
- Kansas Avenue Learning Garden: Our learning garden connects students to the basis of all life - food. We transformed a vacant lot into an outdoor classroom where children tend to seeds, make discoveries through weekly experiments, and apply math & science skills.
- Zero Waste: A sustainable community reflects natural systems where nothing is wasted. Our Rethink Waste Project helps businesses rethink waste in the workplace and citizens rethink waste a home. Our goal is to increase reuse, recycling and composting in our community.
- Energy Efficiency: The Environmental Center is spearheading the Bend Energy Challenge, created to help everyone in Bend save energy and make their homes healthier and more comfortable. The Challenge enables our community to enter a nationwide energy-saving competition with a $5 million prize.
- Sustainable Business: We are promoting local, conscious consumerism and sustainable business practices through monthly Green Drinks events, the annual Sustainability Awards, and The Green Spot sustainable living directory.
Our public facility located in downtown Bend serves as a "hub" for the environmental community. Central Oregonians and visitors to this region have the opportunity to engage with a network of over 35 environmental organizations - our Member Groups - working to educate, restore and protect our region. The Environmental Center works to connect citizens with our Member Groups' efforts that help us create a sustainable Central Oregon.