The Environmental Center
Phone: (541) 385-6908
http://www.envirocenter.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Center educates and advocates for a sustainable future in Central Oregon.
We believe that sustainability hinges on how we live our daily lives. It's at home, at school and at work where we make most of the choices that matter.
Our job at The Environmental Center is to translate sustainability into practical, local action that makes a difference. Our programs focus on:
- Rethink Waste: We are redefining the concept of "waste" in our community and working towards greater efficiency in everything we do. In October 2012 we will launch a year-long media campaign to increase public awareness on waste reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Youth Education: From classroom presentations to outdoor school days and teacher trainings, we are delivering education programs on sustainability to the future generation of thinkers, teachers and leaders.
- Learning Garden: We are connecting local children to nature through the basis of life - food. We transformed a vacant city lot into a living classroom of sustainability by gardening in the heart of downtown Bend. The summer of 2012 marked our second growing season.
- Energy Efficiency: We are partnering with local businesses to bring programs like Clean Energy Works Oregon and Go Solar! to Central Oregon - helping households, the economy and environment.
- Sustainable Business: We are promoting local, conscious consumerism and sustainable business practices through monthly Green Drinks events, the annual Sustainability Awards, and The Green Spot sustainable living directory.
Our public facility located in downtown Bend serves as a "hub" for the environmental community. Central Oregonians and visitors to this region have the opportunity to engage with a network of over 30 environmental organizations - our Member Groups - working to educate, restore and protect our region. The Environmental Center works to connect citizens with our Member Groups' efforts that help us create a sustainable Central Oregon.