|Where:||Bicycle Transportation Alliance offices|
|Contact:||Amanda Lee Judkins|
|On the web:||https://btaoregon.org/join/#volunteer|
|We are looking for individuals|
Interested in pursuing a career in non-profits?
Every non-profit has to focus on development and fundraising. This is your opportunity to work closely with the Development team at the Bicycle Transportation Alliance to learn how a medium sized non-profit works to raise the support needed for education, encouragement, and advocacy programs.
Development Interns will gain valuable career experience working in non-profit fundraising for a highly regarded and well respected organization. Our mission is to create healthy, sustainable communities by making bicycling safe, convenient and accessible.
This position is an integral part of the BTA Development team. Interns will work closely with the Development Director, and through hands -on work, will learn about the many facets of a non-profit development department. At the conclusion of this internship, Development Interns will have gained experience in grassroots non-profit work, Salesforce database knowledge, research, engagement, event management skills, and comprehensive supporter cultivation strategies.
Hours for this internship are flexible, though we are looking for a minimum commitment of 10 hours a week. This internship is unpaid. Course credit may be arranged. Responsibilities will be tailored to match a candidate’s professional development goals and interests, but may include the following:
- Work directly with Development team to coordinate, execute and attend exciting events.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials to support fundraising activities.
- Research and analyze information to inform supporter engagement strategies.
- Create and maintain supporter records using Salesforce database.
- Assist in special projects and programs as needed.
- Explore grant opportunities and assist in writing and editing grant proposals to further the BTA’s program and advocacy work.
- Coordinate with other departments at the BTA to execute comprehensive cultivation strategies.
- Interest in bicycling, community development, and transportation issues.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Must be comfortable talking with supporters in writing, on the phone and in person.
- Self-starter, good at working alone and managing others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, and some data entry experience helpful.
- Friendly and fun attitude.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send a resume and cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com with “Seeking Development Internship” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.